RICHARD III, by William Shakespeare
Adapted and Directed by Scott Palmer
A NORTH AMERICAN PREMIERE
Outdoors at the Tom Hughes Civic Center Plaza
“Shakespeare’s Richard III receives, from Scott Palmer, a pointing up of the comic possibilities without losing the horror of amoral destruction as Richard steadily makes his path to the English throne.” -Edinburgh review
Known as the Bard’s wittiest and most cruel historical character, King Richard sees the world in a very specific way: as he wishes it to be. Our Richard III will place a perfectly formed King Richard in the midst of a cast of historical characters whose own failings and flaws make their bodies as twisted as Richard’s spine… a performance that asks our audience to ponder this question – Which world would you rather live in: the real one or Richard’s?
July 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31 and August 1, 2015
The Tom Hughes Civic Center Plaza
150 E Main Street, Hillsboro
Note: This is an outdoor performance and no seating is provided. Please bring a lawn chair, cushion or other appropriate seating.
See the latest updates about this production!
- The Lighter Side of Richard III – Review
- The King You’ll Love To Hate – Richard 3 Review!
- Frank Underwood Meets Monty Python – R3 Preview!
- Richard III: Tragic, Dark & FUNNY!
- Imaginary Circumstances – Cassie Greer Blogs on R3!
- Richard III – A Heritage of Hilarity: Scott Blogs On The History of R3!
- Back on the Boards in the Great Outdoors – Eric St. Cyr Blogs on R3!
- The First Thing To Go – Gary Strong Blogs on R3!
- Joey Copsey Gets Intimidated! Blogs on Richard III
- Buckingham For President! Eric Nepom Blogs On Richard’s Right Hand Man
Resources for Students and Teachers!
Click HERE to download a pdf of our Richard III study guide!