Bag&Baggage Productions, Hillsboro’s resident professional theatre, is seeking qualified candidates for a new, full-time position: Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Manager is the primary staff member responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring B&B’s marketing, press, and public relations strategies, including planning and budgeting to meet or exceed objectives for ticket and subscription sales. The Marketing Manager manages B&B’s online advertising on all manner of social media platforms; updates and maintains the B&B and Vault Theater websites; provides graphic design support for all B&B and Vault events; creates, manages, and liaises with outside service providers such as printers, advertising agencies, newspapers, and community partners; provides support for fundraising and sponsor/donor initiatives; and creates, distributes, and evaluates the success of email marketing campaigns; among other duties. The position is overseen jointly by the Artistic Director and Managing Director. The Marketing Manager works closely with the Patron Services Manager and the Vault’s Event Manager on a wide range of marketing initiatives.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement the annual marketing plan, and promotional and outreach strategies, along with the associated budgets, in order to support B&B’s overall business strategy and targets for ticket sales for all B&B events and ticketed events at The Vault;
- Develop and implement sales, marketing, advertising, and publicity plans and tactics in all mediums (including web, print, digital/interactive, and social media) to achieve continued growth for single ticket sales, group ticket sales, and subscription sales targets, and to maximize the theatre’s overall profile in the community;
- Manage production and distribution of all marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, season brochures, direct mail, and associated collateral along with digital marketing, promotion, and content;
- Lead or implement strategic marketing partnerships with other nonprofits, including completing analysis and implementation to grow the effectiveness of co-promotions;
- Develop and implement grassroots marketing, group sales, strategic relationships, and networks to engage the community, raise our profile, and advance sales;
- Develop, monitor, and report on the marketing budget against objectives for earned and contributed income;
- Support fundraising strategies for individual donations via annual fundraising campaigns, promotion of fundraising events, and other special appeals;
- Update and manage the B&B and Vault websites, including posting events, ticket links, photos, press coverage, press releases, and related materials; and
- Ideally, create and distribute promotional video content.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or other related programs.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, preferably in the performing arts.
- Highly creative, dramatic, and theatrical aesthetic sensibilities.
- Strong competence in WordPress, MailChimp, and Adobe Creative Suite. Familiarity with PatronManager preferred.
- Strong track record in executing successful marketing campaigns and public relations activities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience in a revenue-generating position, preferably generating ticket sales and earned income.
- In-depth knowledge of social media strategies and website maintenance.
- Demonstrates diplomacy, sensitivity, and flexibility when interacting with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to function as a key member of a multi-faceted team.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work evening and weekends in accordance with theater events.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Ideal candidate will also have competence in the creation and editing of promotional video materials and experience with graphic design.
$32,000-$35,000 DOE, with company-paid medical benefits for employee to begin 30 days after start of employment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references, in addition to a work sample that in some way demonstrates your proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, to email@example.com by Monday, June 10th at 5:00 pm. Interviews begin the week of June 10th; position start date is July 1, 2019.
ABOUT BAG&BAGGAGE PRODUCTIONS:
Bag&Baggage Productions was founded in 2005 with a mission to tour the state of Oregon performing high-quality, accessible, classical theatre for communities without a resident professional theatre. Like a traveling troupe of Elizabethan players, this small band of performers would arrive in places like Hood River, Corvallis, Beaverton, Astoria, Sandy, and Hillsboro with everything they needed to put on a show in their “bags and baggage…” (hence our company name, which comes directly from Shakespeare’s great pastoral comedy As You Like It). Over the course of the next 10 years, B&B performed dozens of shows in downtown Hillsboro’s Venetian Theatre, growing from a small, scrappy suburban theatre into a fully-fledged professional theatre with a national reputation for excellence. In 2016, B&B purchased a former Wells Fargo bank building in downtown Hillsboro, refurbishing the space into a state-of-the-art studio theatre now known as The Vault Theater and Event Space. With the opening of The Vault in 2017, B&B expanded their programming to include a wide range of partnerships, including presenting other non-profit arts groups, film and cinema events, educational programming and workshops, and a renewed focus on equity, diversity, and social justice. Bag&Baggage is Hillsboro’s flagship performing arts organization, and the largest non-profit cultural organization in the city.
Bag&Baggage’s mission is to crack open and explore the classics of world literature through innovative and provocative theatrical productions, connecting these great works to the people in our diverse community in a way that affirms our shared humanity. As the only professional performing arts organization in Hillsboro, we believe we have the responsibility to connect our work to the lives and experiences of the people who call our community home. B&B is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion; to creating a safe place for artists of all backgrounds to explore their craft; and to building an open and accepting workplace culture.
General Crew Opportunities
Paid crew positions available for productions may include: Stage Manager, Assistant Stage Manager, Run Crew, Head of Props, Light Board Operator, Sound Board Operator, Set Construction crew, and Front of House Manager.
To be considered for a paid crew position, you should have previous professional experience, access to reliable transportation (or ideally be based in Washington County), and be available and willing to attend rehearsals and work in Hillsboro. Preference will be given to applicants who posses either significant Educational Theatre experience at a college level and/or Professional Experience.
To be considered for a crew position, please send an electronic resume to our Managing Director Beth Lewis in PC format (.doc or .pdf), including references and contact information for your references (send to: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also be sure to indicate what crew position(s) most interest you. Applicants selected for consideration will be contacted to arrange an interview time. Hired crew members will be offered a competitive wage, based on the crew role and production.
Backstage Tech Internships
If you are a high school student and you are interested in interning with us on our backstage tech crew, please visit our High School Internships page.
Volunteer opportunities are available for those interested in ushering or assisting in other methods of support for the Company. Please send an email to email@example.com expressing your level of interest and availability for volunteer opportunities.