ROPE by Patrick Hamilton
the play that inspired the Alfred Hitchcock classic
The Venetian Theatre, Hillsboro
See the latest updates about this production!
- “Twisted, And Delightfully So!” WWeek On ROPE
- Give Them Enough Rope – ROPE REVIEW
- The Thrill Kill Cult – ROPE Review
- The External Locus Of Blame – Michael Tuefel Blogs on ROPE
- “Tight, Smart, Classic Thriller!” – Oregonian Review of ROPE
- An Absolute Delight – Signe Larsen Blogs on ROPE
- Oregonian “ROPE” Preview – The Perfect Crime?
- Delightfully Disturbing – Trevor Jackson Blogs on ROPE
- The Butler DIDN’T Do It…Alec Lugo Blogs on ROPE
- Murder – Just For The Fun Of It!
“In terms of tight, tense writing, Patrick Hamilton’s Rope is a winsomely effective piece of work…a taut, edgy play.” -OffBroadway Reviews
For the mere sake of adventure, danger, and the “fun of the thing,” Wyndham Brandon persuades his weak-minded friend, Charles Granillo, to assist him in the murder of a fellow undergraduate. They place the body in a wooden chest, and to add spice to their handiwork, invite a few acquaintances, including the dead youth’s father, to a party…all the while daring their guests to uncover their horrible crime. A murder mystery in reverse that inspired the Hitchcock classic.
October 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31 and November 1, 2015
The Venetian Theatre
253 E Main Street, Hillsboro 97123
Thurs/Fri/Sat at 7:30pm
Sunday at 2:00pm
BAG&BAGGAGE STUDENT STUDY GUIDE: Bag&Baggage Rope Study Guide